June 10, 2011

Friday, Nerdy Friday

So today was a pretty fun day. My hubby and I have been wanting to go to our local comic book store, Comic Kingdom for awhile now, but with his crazy schedule at work, we aren't able to make it before it closes. Luckily, we got a chance today and I got some pretty sweet stuff. I picked up some issues of Batgirl, numbers 5, 8, and 10-20. I have always loved the original Batgirl, Barbara Gordan, and thought I would give the new girl a try. Now don't worry, I'm not going to turn this into a comic book blog, I know this isn't the right audience for that, but I just wanted to share my nerdy tendencies with you all between reviews. I had so much fun at the store that I plan to go back soon and pick through their grab bags.
While I was there, I also pre-ordered the comic adaptation of the Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead. I absolutely love the books and can't wait to see them adapted into comics. The first one, see illustration above, was released last month and I completely missed it! So I put in a request at the store to have them for me when the second issue is released on June 25th. I'm so excited! Anyway, thanks for humoring me and my nerdy ways. I <3 all you wicked readers!

No comments: