January 23, 2012

Historical Romance Review: Ripe for Scandal

Ripe for Scandal
Isobel Carr
The League of Second Sons #2
Rating 3

I know this is a much shorter review than I usually do, but I really don't have that much to say about it. My longer reviews tend to be because a book either really wowed me or really bummed me out. This one fits neither of those categories. It was just ok. 

This book was a lot better than I expected it to be. With a cover to match it's title, Ripe for Scandal offers the reader a range of emotions not typical to the usual smutty historical romance fare as the main characters take on hardship after hardship in their already shaky marriage. I gave it three stars for diverting a bit from the formula of historical romance we are so used to. However, fans of this genre will still feel comfortable and familiar with the style and locales.

No comments: