January 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Should Be Reading where we book bloggers tease our lovely readers with just a taste of what we are currently reading. Here's mine this week:


A Discovery of Witches
Deborah Harkness
All Souls Trilogy #1

"Nothing in my culinary experience had taught me what to feed a vampire when he came for dinner. Thanks to my mobile, I was able to reach the zoology department and inquire about the feeding habits of wolves. After rattling off a long list of tasty mammals and explaining they were preferred foods, the bored voice on the other end told me that gray wolves also ate nuts, seeds, and berries. 'But you shouldn't feed them!' the voice warned, 'They're not house pets!"

Just so the quote makes more sense, the vampire character in this book, Matthew, studied gray wolves in the wild. I know that is a bit longer than the usual teaser and I did skip parts so you could enjoy the joke, but I felt you all would enjoy it. I'm currently reading this as a buddy read on Goodreads and loving it! I'm sure I will have a full length review for it in the near future. 

Happy Reading!

<3 Jess

1 comment:

Addicted2Heroines said...

Great teaser, Jess ;) Looking forward to seeing your review. I want to read this one soon.