July 20, 2011

Weekly Reality Check

Tribute
Nora Roberts
Paperback Edition
433 Pages
Published March 31st, 2009
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating 5

This week's reality check is from one of my favorite romance authors. I usually tend to lean more towards her supernatural themed trilogies, however I had been recommended this title by several people including my grandmother. Ok, so it's a little weird to indulge in reading steamy romance that your grandma also enjoys, but honestly this one is a classic. Roberts manages to make this stand alone incredibly enjoyable and thrilling.

Former child star, Cilla McGowan, finds solace in restoring old houses, but is plagued by dreams of her long dead, Hollywood star of a grandmother, Janet Hardy. Finally deciding to return to the old farmhouse her grandmother once owned in the Shenandoah Valley, Cilla makes it her goal to restore it to its former glory. There she meets the handsome, quirky comic book artist, Ford Sawyer and together, they begin to unravel the mystery of what happened there so long ago. Danger lurks around every corner because someone would rather everything stay in the dark.

Tribute is full of action and thrilling suspense. Nora Roberts really showcases her range of writing ability here. I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Krisztina Clifton said...

Lol! I know what you mean. I've been wanting to read some her books even though it's usually not my thing. Sometimes whenever nothing is on tv and I'm starved for romance and happen upon a Nora Roberts movie on Lifetime (the movies I always make fun off) I can get caught up in some of them. They's packed with mystery and romance and danger. I can't help but think the books would be even more enjoyable.

Wicked said...

Haha! I totally make fun of Lifetime movies too, even though they are completely addicting. I love Nora Roberts so much, she just has this charm that draws you back to her books. Its like snuggling up and spending time with an old friend. I highly recommend her Circle trilogy which starts with Morrigan's Cross and her Three Sister's Island Trilogy which starts with Dance Upon The Air. Those were my first Nora books and I loved them.

Krisztina Clifton said...

Lol! Well, thanks for the book recommendations! I'm on Angelology right now. It's amazing!