August 4, 2011

Book Review: Highland Rogue, London Miss

Highland Rogue, London Miss
Margaret Moore
Paperback Edition
288 Pages
Published August 1st, 2010
Genre: Historical Romance, Harlequin Historical
Rating: 3

While perusing the aisles of my favorite local used book store, I came across this one and picked it up because of the pretty cover, but bought it because the words "highland" and "rogue" appeared on it. Lately I've found I can't resist anything promising me a roguish alpha male with a Scottish accent and Highland Rogue, London Miss delivers a fairly decent portrayal.

The basic concept of this novel is finding out what happens when you take an opinionated, virtuously headstrong women, and a freewheeling handsome rogue and place them in a situation where they must pretend they are married. As you can imagine, it's a tough situation as it is, but then place them in 1800s England and Scotland and it becomes scandalously interesting.

The plot behind the romance is a bit weak and seems to be forced in order to set up steamy situations for our hero and heroine. Besides this flaw, it really is just a quick read with fun characters and decent love scenes built up with sexual tension fueled by what is or isn't proper. Don't get me wrong, that can be a great formula when it comes to 1800s romance, but it is only so-so in this particular case.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree... a deep Scottish accent gets me. Also any alpha male will get my dream man going :)

Wicked said...

hee hee *sigh* the alpha male is truly the epitome of sexyness

Highland Hussy said...

great review :)